The Pottersburg Bridge was built in 1868 by Reuben L. Partridge of Marysville, Ohio. Known also as the Upper Darby Bridge, this bridge originally spanned nearly 100 feet over the Big Darby Creek on North Lewisburg Road in Allen Township. This bridge was moved to its current location off of Inskeep-Cratty Road in 2006, where it was renovated as a part of a multi-use path to the village of North Lewisburg in Champaign County.
The Spain Creek Covered Bridge was designed and constructed by Reuben Partridge in the 1870s. At a length of 64 feet, the bridge is the smallest of Union County’s historic covered bridges. Spain Creek flows under the bridge to its nearby Big Darby Creek. The Spain Creek Bridge is one of five remaining covered bridges designed and built by Partridge. Four of them are in Union County while one is in Franklin County. The windows and awnings are not original, having been added prior to the 1930s to allow light inside the bridge for automobile traffic. The bridge was rehabilitated in 1988 by constructing a bridge inside the covered bridge. The old wood trusses currently carry only their own weight as well as the weight of the roof and siding.
Buck Run Bridge was built in 2006, by the Righter Company using a Pratt type construction. Dedicated in 2007, this bridge spans 160 feet over the Big Darby creek, making it the longest single span covered bridge in Ohio at the time of construction. It has been built to support two lanes of traffic.
The North Lewisburg Road Bridge built in 2006 is 135′ long and is 2 lanes wide. It is constructed using a modified Pratt Truss. The bridge spans the Big Darby Creek taking the place of the Pottersburg Bridge now relocated to the North Lewisburg walking trail